Monday 16 March 2020

Stop bulk buying or Arthur will send Raymond to give you a slap...






Back in the real world I went to Sainsburys at 10:40 last night.   Usually I drop in after work to pick up a few supplies being the kind of person who only has two days of food in the fridge and knowing that I have only 15 minutes till it closes and should have gone earlier.  A lot of people were in there for 15 minutes before closing time and I failed to make the connection with panic buying at the time.  On twitter I saw Stephen Fry saying that everyone should become more kind given the circumstances.  But I feel it’s going to take a bit more than that to stop Sainsburys turning into the scene from a John Wyndham novel.  I’m sure a lockdown is coming but the danger is not just this virus but the virus later mutating.  It’s been a while since the last major virus pandemic and so it’s not that surprising that we have one...  Funny how when I went in today the shelves of all the things that had been raided were long life or fresh produce.  Clearly the poor aren’t panicking as much as the rich…

Over at the independent there’s quite a good article about people panic buying loo roll.  Paranoia about going to the loo.  It's soft, strong and very long...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon Fire Stick is doing important security things so don't press any buttons that might turn your TV on...

  Once upon a time I purchased an HG Smart TV but despite the artificial intelligence revolution and its claims be Mensa level clever it doe...

Least ignored nonsense this month...