Friday 1 February 2019

A load of old Tosh - iba


So I bought another laptop to replace the one that had the defective motherboard and ...it turned up like this ... with the keyboard not even glued properly over the innards.  Is there something wrong with me?  Because either I'm a jinx or it's just impossible to buy a laptop that works anymore.  So for manufactureres everywhere can I just offer this one idea... You stop worrying about what processing chip it has, what RAM and ROM it's got, what graphics it has and what size hard drive you're offering and concentrate more on bothering to actually assemble the thing.  A computer is a device that can be instructed to carry out sequences of arithmetic or logical operations automatically via computer programming - this cannot happen if you just randomly throw a load of parts and a motherboard into a box with little to no thought whatosever as to how they're going to stick together.  It's so sad... I desperately want to give a manufacturer my hard earned money for a decent computer that will last a decent period of time but all they seem to want to do is fob me off with tripe that's fallen off the back of a lorry.  Such a disaster... On well 3rd time lucky.  2nd time talking to customer service representatives who want to bung be £30 to "keep the unit".  Yeah I bet you want me to keep it Debenhams... and people wonder why the high street is dying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have today resigned my membership of the Garrick Club

To quell public speculation on the subject I wish it to be know that I have today resigned my membership of the Garrick Club.   As a sometim...

Least ignored nonsense this month...