Thursday 3 October 2024

Does Rudi have some shame...?

For a laugh I regularly change my Facebook profile photo to someone inappropriate.  No one's ever complained about this despite it probably breaking millions of copyright laws.  On the 24th of August 2023 I changed it to Rudy Giuliani's mug shot which was released into the public domain by the Fulton County Sheriff's Office...


...14 months later in time for the November 2024 election I received a notification from a company called "Imagn Content" that I have violated their copyright by using it.  I have not.  If I have violated anyone's content it that of the Fulton County Sheriff's Office... but I'm pretty sure they don't care and I was under the impression that almost all official photos taken by the US Government became public domain when officially released to the public...

Perhaps after all Rudi, Donald and his mates really do feel some shame or embarrassment to see these photos circulating despite seemingly having skins as thick as rhinoceros hides.

Although it could be entirely coincidental that this copyright dispute coincides almost exactly with the US Presidential Election...  It isn't as if you'd see this image if you clicked on my profile - you'd have to scan down a year's worth of previous posts to find it ...so one wonders if a macro is seeking out such mug shots on an industrial scale and flagging them all as copyright violations in order to industrially suppress damaging information before the November Election...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Rudi have some shame...?

For a laugh I regularly change my Facebook profile photo to someone inappropriate.  No one's ever complained about this despite it proba...

Least ignored nonsense this month...