Sunday 22 March 2020

This is awful I can't pretend to be out

There are 84 confirmed cases in Croydon, out of a local population of 385,346...

(yesterday I said there were 86 but this was a typo - there were only 81)

...and I've realised the most awful thing about this virus ... it means when relatives ring up I'm always in.

I can't just ignore the phone and pretend that actually I was out ...even if I wasn't.  Worse because everyone else is stuck at home they've got nothing else to do but ring me up in the evening.  Worse than this I've got nothing to tell them either since I am at the moment basically paid by the state to do nothing and I can't go out and do anything because I'm not allowed to go anywhere.

Well, I could go to Wetherspoons as the nasty piece of work who runs it says he won't close any branches.  All those years when I was worried that if there was any trouble at the club then it'd endanger the pub's licence...... All the pubs who've been shut over the slightest fisticuffs off premesis.. like the original XS Malarkey...

Now the tight pillock from Wetherspoons says he's going to incubate a deadly virus in his venues and licencing Committees aren't closing every single one...?

There's only one thing worse than Wetherspoons and that's germ warfare...

On the plus side the curve may be flattening... Only 3 more cases since yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No man is a traffic island

  Well, this has been a boring election campaign with the leaders assiduously avoiding any real voters in case they might get heckled and lo...

Least ignored nonsense this month...