Saturday 29 June 2019

In future I shall be making a concerted effort to make my insults more mellifluous...



Apparently my appeal against my twitter ban was not upheld
According to twitter’s terms of service …

You may not promote violence against, threaten, or harass other people
on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, disability, or
serious disease.

However, a single comment – and one that suggests 1 in 3 people may be a ladies private part is not harassment.  Neither do I understand how race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, disability, or serious disease come into the equation … unless I’m picking on Boris Johnson, Michael Gove or Jeremy Hunt for being white, upper-middle class or Oxford educated?  Neither is my post personally directed @ them.

So why ban the word?  Perhaps Twitter doesn’t want to be associated with anger …or the language of the gutter but prefers to aspire to the drawing room…?

It seems I’m not the only person to experience this…

“My account is locked for calling Kirsten Powers a cunt, in a tweet pushing back against her comment that "your feelings do not matter" re cultural appropriation and lefty moral outrage about Halloween costumes, speaketh someone on that other platform for the plebs that is reddit

Somewhere removed from twitter someone else bemoans “I got banned for saying fucking cunt to my friend. What the actual fuck. This is such a shit show. Turning my chat off permanently wtf shit fuck ...”

Whilst a man called Ian McWhirter complains that “Anyone using the word "cunt" - even with asterisk - is instantly blocked. #blockheads
Yet somehow this isn’t banned…

It seems the prohibition on mentions of ladies private parts doesn’t end there with Twitter Users Suspended After Calling Canadian Senator the slightly more imaginative “Twatwaffle”

Perhaps it’s the feminists who oppose the use of the word cunt as misogynistic…?  Oh well I suppose we’ll all have to talk soon in the language of parliament and start referring to Boris Johnson, Michael Gove or Jeremy Hunt as “honourable members”.

It seems to me that violent language that expresses real emotion becomes ever more taboo and yet at the same time ubiquitous.   In future I shall be making a concerted effort to make my insults more mellifluous….

In other twitter ban news I also worked out why I have so many Turkish followers.  It seems that in 2014 Prime Minister of Turkey, Recep Tayyip Erdogan banned twitter in Turkey causing usage to go up by 138 per cent....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Rudi have some shame...?

For a laugh I regularly change my Facebook profile photo to someone inappropriate.  No one's ever complained about this despite it proba...

Least ignored nonsense this month...