I didn't believe the late Dr Arday could as he claimed have run all those Marathons but then someone pointed out Eddie Izzard did something similar a few years back. However when I researched it ...it turns out Eddie's Marathon times were 5 to 10 hours. Well, 26 miles in 10 hours is 2.6mph... walking speed is about 4mph. I think I could manage a Marathon walking it... I mean 2.6 mph ... That suggests Eddie didn't just walk some of them, she stopped at the pub as well. If there was no time limit I suspect most of us could do it. But competitively run 30 Marathons a day trying to improve your time each one ...? I think you'd be dead. I think the key word here is completed. Dr Arday "completed" 26 miles a day on foot which is subtly different to what the wording implies... Actually running the whole way with both feet off the ground...? Dunno though wasn't there. Someone once claimed to have done 400 Marathons in 400 days although some of them he ran with other people which suggests his speed was not always the fastest...
Multi
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Category N - the poverty premium for not trading your car in
This week I have mostly been dealing with the fallout of a hit and run accident. It's all on film via dashcam. "Excellent" s...
Least ignored nonsense this month...
-
This week I have mostly been dealing with the fallout of a hit and run accident. It's all on film via dashcam. "Excellent" s...
-
Re 01/7795902/26 Hello, With regard to Detective Sergeant Cross’s letter of the 17 th of August I have to say that I strongly disagre...
-
Dear Mr Miller, Thank you for contacting us and for providing details of your concerns regarding Ms Helen Savage. We have carefully consider...
-
Dear Ms Jones & Mr Newman, Please can someone empty my bins - I cannot contact the Council via the website ...it doesn't work It doe...
-
In other news my ex-English teacher at secondary school has been in the dock again. It seemed before he came to our school he spent a lot...
-
My washing machine has a very high energy rating and naively I thought this somehow related to how much energy it uses. It does and...
-
So Dr Arday's sadly predictable suicide... Some thoughts came to me... I think Cambridge was his third Professorship. So asking why Cam...
-
Yesterday I tried to ring up Boots to try to get them to deliver the perfume that they should have delivered a week ago. Having plucked the ...
-
As my mum has reached the point in old age that she finds buying anything new challenging I thought instead of buying a new one I'd just...
-
I didn't believe the late Dr Arday could as he claimed have run all those Marathons but then someone pointed out Eddie Izzard did someth...

No comments:
Post a Comment