Multi
Tuesday, 22 January 2019
Parliament debates how to fit a quart into a pint pot
Yesterday in Westminster MPs from all parties met with the Prime Minister in order to discuss how a pint pot could be made to contain a quart. Boris Johnson speculated that a quart when accelerated to near the speed of light might occupy less space than a pint while Jeremy Corbyn said that not trying to put a quart into a pint pot would be a betrayal of all the people who wanted to drink their beverages in imperial quantities. Mrs May speculated that by using a quart that was carbonated some extra space could be made by waiting for the bubbles to evaporate. However the DUP said that once the gas had evaporated the quart would no longer be a quart and they would only accept a pint. Mrs May replied that not getting a quart into a pint pot would have grave consequences. Some people suggested a second pint glass might be used but Mrs May said the public would not accept 2 pints instead of 1 pint and when given such a bribe might think they had been lied to. The European Commission's chief spokesman Margaritis Schinas said that "It is obvious that you cannot get a quart into a pint pot". Pushed to speculate what might happen if a quart was into a pint pot, he said, it was "pretty obvious you will have some spillage". However, the Irish government has repeated its stance that it will "not accept any spillage from any pint pot in order to accommodate a quart". Neither will the DUP.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Category N - the poverty premium for not trading your car in
This week I have mostly been dealing with the fallout of a hit and run accident. It's all on film via dashcam. "Excellent" s...
Least ignored nonsense this month...
-
Re 01/7795902/26 Hello, With regard to Detective Sergeant Cross’s letter of the 17 th of August I have to say that I strongly disagre...
-
This week I have mostly been dealing with the fallout of a hit and run accident. It's all on film via dashcam. "Excellent" s...
-
Considerable controversy seems to be abroad due to Sasha Baron Cohen relaunching potentially a new Ali G film. I'm not sure what the wo...
-
Dear Ms Jones & Mr Newman, Please can someone empty my bins - I cannot contact the Council via the website ...it doesn't work It doe...
-
Dear Mr Miller, Thank you for contacting us and for providing details of your concerns regarding Ms Helen Savage. We have carefully consider...
-
With the exception of perhaps Oscar Wilde not many great artists can also pull off being great critics. I am a terrible writer with...
-
My washing machine has a very high energy rating and naively I thought this somehow related to how much energy it uses. It does and...
-
In other news my ex-English teacher at secondary school has been in the dock again. It seemed before he came to our school he spent a lot...
-
Yesterday I tried to ring up Boots to try to get them to deliver the perfume that they should have delivered a week ago. Having plucked the ...
-
One of my hobbies is googling Danny John-Jules …for whenever the press find out something about him – such as that he had an argument...

No comments:
Post a Comment