Multi
Wednesday, 20 September 2023
My new car
A while ago a bloke was walking along the pavement with a can of blue paint. The handle snapped and it exploded all over my car back bumper. As the back bumper is plastic I didn't worry too much. A couple of years later I got some paint stripper, removed the blue bits and repainted the damaged section the correct colour having researched the paint colour. Having a bit left over I then used the rest to touch up 10 years of minor scratches. Now people keep congratulating me on my "new car" but it's exactly the same one as I've had for a decade it just doesn't have as many visible signs of age. It kind of males you realise how shallow and silly people are. How many things do we sell or throw away that are perfectly serviceable because they don't look new ...?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Category N - the poverty premium for not trading your car in
This week I have mostly been dealing with the fallout of a hit and run accident. It's all on film via dashcam. "Excellent" s...
Least ignored nonsense this month...
-
This week I have mostly been dealing with the fallout of a hit and run accident. It's all on film via dashcam. "Excellent" s...
-
Re 01/7795902/26 Hello, With regard to Detective Sergeant Cross’s letter of the 17 th of August I have to say that I strongly disagre...
-
My washing machine has a very high energy rating and naively I thought this somehow related to how much energy it uses. It does and...
-
The other day I decided to watch a bit of Life on Mars on Netflix. Netflix then told me that it was taking it off. So I felt I had t...
-
In other news my ex-English teacher at secondary school has been in the dock again. It seemed before he came to our school he spent a lot...
-
Dear Ms Jones & Mr Newman, Please can someone empty my bins - I cannot contact the Council via the website ...it doesn't work It doe...
-
Dear Mr Miller, Thank you for contacting us and for providing details of your concerns regarding Ms Helen Savage. We have carefully consider...
-
So Dr Arday's sadly predictable suicide... Some thoughts came to me... I think Cambridge was his third Professorship. So asking why Cam...
-
Yesterday I tried to ring up Boots to try to get them to deliver the perfume that they should have delivered a week ago. Having plucked the ...
-
As my mum has reached the point in old age that she finds buying anything new challenging I thought instead of buying a new one I'd just...

No comments:
Post a Comment