Saturday 29 October 2022

Economy 7 blows a valve...


Solved the question of why Bulb always want to replace my meter and won't let me just run economy 7 on my two rate meter....apart from the fact they don't want to lose money   It switches by wireless...

 Yes... 


As the conspiracy theorists would say I did my own research and found out the answer to this.   "In October 2011, the BBC admitted that the Droitwich transmitter, including Radio 4's longwave service and Radio Teleswitch, will cease to operate when one of the last two valves breaks, and no effort would be made to manufacture more nor to install a replacement longwave transmitter.". So basically the UK's last remaining longwave transmitter that broadcasts R4 longwave and switches my meter between tarrifs will die when the one remaining valve goes.  Hope someone's told the test match presenters...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon Fire Stick is doing important security things so don't press any buttons that might turn your TV on...

  Once upon a time I purchased an HG Smart TV but despite the artificial intelligence revolution and its claims be Mensa level clever it doe...

Least ignored nonsense this month...