Wednesday 29 June 2022

Then Churchill Said To Me ... we won't broadcast this rubbish till you're pushing up the daisies, Frankie...


Dear Information Rights

Thank you for your response.
I believe your argument that the data is protected by Part VI Section I of the Act is not a valid excuse not to process my request.

The information I requested (with the possible exception of the production costs) is not information  relating to the creation of a program.

It is information relating to a decision NOT to broadcast an already extant program.

This is therefore an administrative/policy matter
and I do not believe releasing this information has any commercial disadvantage to the BBC.

I am asking about BBC censorship/broadcast policy 40 years ago.

If you were a normal government department such data would be released by now to the public archives 
and so I see no reason why, if such data exists, it cannot be made public now.
After all, most of the protagonists are dead.

I would therefore request you review this matter
before I escalate it to the ICO.
Thank you 
Yours Sincerely 
Anthony Miller
 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon Fire Stick is doing important security things so don't press any buttons that might turn your TV on...

  Once upon a time I purchased an HG Smart TV but despite the artificial intelligence revolution and its claims be Mensa level clever it doe...

Least ignored nonsense this month...