Thursday 23 May 2019

There is nothing to fear but Quora its self...

As the years go on I grow to hate the internet more and more.  My current pet hate at the moment is Quora … a website for answering questions but what it really does is echo back to your email questions that will prey on your subconscious fears.

At the moment it is absolutely obsessed with bombarding me with questions and answers about job interviews and job application processes.  These threads disgorge such pearls of wisdom as … that if you haven’t got a job that your full time job is looking for a job.  Except of course it isn’t.  You don’t have a job if you don’t have a job.  It's a hobby...

It is one of life’s mysteries how when you do have a job people offer you jobs that you don’t want because they are worse than the job you have got but when you don’t have a job people don’t offer you the jobs that are worse than the job you used to have.  I know why this is and yet I never really understand it or want to but Quora constantly reminds me like my own personal unmotivator.

All of the people who comment on the site assiduously miss the heresy that the job market is broken as more and more employers lay the risks of the business onto employees rather than shareholders resulting in the absurd situation of people who have jobs having to reapply for their own jobs because it is easier to make people redundant than admit some people are bad at their jobs or that some jobs are pointless… Once people had jobs ... now they have the full time job of applying for jobs as a job.

All of these depressing/negative thoughts that I usually shunt to the back of my mind because they are unproductive Quora seems to prey on so I have finally taken action … It is time to end Quora and what it represents  – an industry of fear.  The industry of everyone telling everyone else how to get a job because there aren’t enough real jobs to go round...  Someone has to take a stand … Someone has to put a line in the sand … Someone has to end it!

Today I have closed my Quora account.  Prey on somebody else’s paranoia Quora!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon Fire Stick is doing important security things so don't press any buttons that might turn your TV on...

  Once upon a time I purchased an HG Smart TV but despite the artificial intelligence revolution and its claims be Mensa level clever it doe...

Least ignored nonsense this month...