This week I have mostly been dealing with the fallout of a hit and run accident. It's all on film via dashcam. "Excellent" said the Insurance Company One Call, "you don't need to pay the excess. We'll sort you out with a courtesy car". But when the agreement came through it was a hire car agreement which said "I understand this is not a courtesy car agreement". So I didn't sign it. Because if there was a problem I'd be liable personally for all the excessive costs. Suddenly my car is a total loss and it's a Fault claim and the men from COPART are ringing up to sell it for scrap. Not happening mate. I took it round the body shops myself and got a repair estimate half the car price. The insurer still wants to Category N it though. And they refuse to contact the 3rd party to establish fault even though fault is unequivocal and the car that hit me is fully taxed and insured. Well, actually I haven't seen the Assessors report so who knows what category it is? So it sits on the drive. Perfectly safe to drive with only cosmetic damage whilst mean men argue about money and try to find excuses not to pay out. Of course I could take them to the Financial Ombudsman to try and get rid of the Category N but that takes 8 weeks to get started. So what with not supplying a hire car, not categorising it properly and leaving me to replace the back wheel with a spare and buy my own wheel hub... What bit of the insuring businesses do they actually do?
Thieves and swindlers all.

No comments:
Post a Comment