Thursday 19 September 2019

I often think of selling my home using a phone number I found advertised on a traffic island...



It is a well known fact that the best way to get the worst deal possible is to appear to be in a hurry to strike a deal.  This is possibly why Borris Johnson’s negotiating technique is to say we “must leave the EU DO OR DIE by October 31st” – just in case they didn’t know it was fire sale.  There are however always people who need to sell things in a hurry and money is always to be made from them.

Recently, whilst driving around the metropolis, I have passed a lot of signs – usually handmade and sitting in the middle of traffic islands informing me that if I ring a number someone will buy a house off me “in any condition”.  

This has made me faintly curious as to who on earth whilst crossing the road in Waddon suddenly decides that what they really wanted to do is sell their house and, having done so, decides to write down the advertised mobile phone number - particularly give its awkward location ...

  One hopes there is large enough gap in the traffic occasionally and they are prepared to bend down to transcribe it and that they don't get hit by a car while doing so.... 

Presumably when parting with even the smallest London property (say £100,000) even the laziest and most time pressed seller would want to do a teeny weeny bit more research than just writing down this number ... particularly given the potential dangers of getting close enough to read the sign.  Then again maybe not...

Of course I could ring the number myself and pretend to be wanting to sell my own home but I fear that this might be taking curiousity too far and I’d soon find myself mired in a labyrinthine tale of intrigue somewhere between the plot of the Big Sleep and a visit to We Rip You Off For Any Car Dot Com.  So I zoomed in to the picture I took to see if I could see the number more clearly and popped the number into google…


…an advert on gumtree was revealed…


…but further investigation was rendered impossible as it seems to have since been removed and replaced with a picture of a cat in a tie. 


If anyone has any more information or is brave enough to ring the above number … please don’t feel you have to tell me about your experiences.  I am happy for this to remain a mystery to me…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Witness for the Bigly Prosecution

  And so with Michael Cohen the prosecution's case will close by a lot.  It appears that Trump told Cohen that if his wife found out abo...

Least ignored nonsense this month...