Today I watched a bit of David Dimbleby's classic 80s documentary "An ocean apart". Amazing how Woodrow Wilson went from a complete isolationist to founder of the League of Nations. Died a broken man over the Versailles Treaty compromises after suffering a stroke. But it's interesting to consider in the light of recent events how people do change. And also the limits on Presidential power. Wilson wanted to completely halt the sale of arms to Britain but Congress wouldn't let him do it. Ok, that's enough Alistair Cooking for today...
Multi
Thursday, 6 March 2025
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Category N - the poverty premium for not trading your car in
This week I have mostly been dealing with the fallout of a hit and run accident. It's all on film via dashcam. "Excellent" s...
Least ignored nonsense this month...
-
Re 01/7795902/26 Hello, With regard to Detective Sergeant Cross’s letter of the 17 th of August I have to say that I strongly disagre...
-
This week I have mostly been dealing with the fallout of a hit and run accident. It's all on film via dashcam. "Excellent" s...
-
Considerable controversy seems to be abroad due to Sasha Baron Cohen relaunching potentially a new Ali G film. I'm not sure what the wo...
-
So Dr Arday's sadly predictable suicide... Some thoughts came to me... I think Cambridge was his third Professorship. So asking why Cam...
-
With the exception of perhaps Oscar Wilde not many great artists can also pull off being great critics. I am a terrible writer with...
-
Dear Ms Jones & Mr Newman, Please can someone empty my bins - I cannot contact the Council via the website ...it doesn't work It doe...
-
Dear Mr Miller, Thank you for contacting us and for providing details of your concerns regarding Ms Helen Savage. We have carefully consider...
-
Yesterday I tried to ring up Boots to try to get them to deliver the perfume that they should have delivered a week ago. Having plucked the ...
-
In other news my ex-English teacher at secondary school has been in the dock again. It seemed before he came to our school he spent a lot...
-
Barbera Broccoli (60s) & Michael Wilson (80s) have just sold their copyright control on Bond to Amazon following on from it's acquis...
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment