Wednesday 7 August 2024

No one comes to the Father except though me

Richard K Herring on Twitter @Herring1967 writes...

"Christians, I know if you live a bad life and then sincerely repent at the last minute then you go to Heaven. But what if you live a perfect religious life and then at the last second sincerely renounce Christ, do you go to Hell?"

Well, I can only explain Catholic theology and that not very well but I gave this a go so...

In Catholic theology most of us go to purgatory & then have to "do our time" to get to heaven. It is a continuum.  So really evil people can still get to heaven if they put enough eternity in.  The lower levels of purgatory are like hell. Hell is for those who totally reject God.  Therefore the answer is that yes, it is a choice.  Those who go to hell have chosen to reject God.  So you can get to the end of your life, decide you don't want to go to heaven & then pootle off to hell.  Blah blah etc I think

Mind you they'll probably change their mind on all of that like limbo. I remember being told at school that everyone BC was in limbo cus they couldn't be saved because the saviour was not born then so Moses etc were in some kind of administrative holding pen until Judgement Day.  I had visions of them in suspended animation but I suspect actually they are doing lots of paperwork...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Rudi have some shame...?

For a laugh I regularly change my Facebook profile photo to someone inappropriate.  No one's ever complained about this despite it proba...

Least ignored nonsense this month...