Saturday 16 May 2020

Khan imprisons us in South London...


I feel like I've given up on this blog like I've given up on everything.  Today Mr Khan increased the congestion charge to £15 and extended it to 10pm just to revenge himself on night workers.  With nobody on the roads there's never been a better time to close them so now ...

Yes, Khan has also closed London Bridge and Waterloo Bridge and Old Street while the City of London has decided to close any street it can find at all.  Basically any roads into Central London from the south will be closed to keep us out.  It's a long time coming but so it goes... freedom.. No more just driving into town.  It isn't just the neccessity of going places but the loss of freedom that is sad.  I will miss parking in Lincoln Inns Fields and walking to the Round Table.  I will miss driving over to Sam Rhodes Comedy Explosion or up to the Kings Head.  I will miss the exitement of driving over Westminster Bridge and feeling that Westminster and Whitehall is not just a tourist location or a government location but part of my every day.  I'll miss the Strand underpass at the end of Waterloo Bridge that goes under the theatres and used to be part of the Kingsway tramway subway.  I still miss driving down Oxford Street.  But the future is the car free city.  What will happen to gigging then.  Guess we'll all go out of town ... when we're allowed out again.  This leaves me in the worst physical location for gigging in the country.  I have to circumnavigate the whole of central London to go to north London ... but I guess when the pandemic is over we'll all be so poor we'll be moving back into mud huts...

Of course we could vote out Mr Khan but due to Covid-19 unfortunately last March's elections have been delayed till 2021.  Leaving him in the strange position of being in power but not having a mandate...

I think it might still be possible to cross the river at Westminster, Blackfriars and Tower Bridge but London Bridge and the City of London will be sealed off.  Waterloo Bridge and the Strand underpass will be closed... And I'm not sure if you'll be able to go South to North and there will be few east west routes.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Rudi have some shame...?

For a laugh I regularly change my Facebook profile photo to someone inappropriate.  No one's ever complained about this despite it proba...

Least ignored nonsense this month...