Just for a change of subject to the virus I have to say that I am still majorly annoyed by the drop in speed limit of the Croydon Flyover from 40 to 30mph. I just don't understand why it is needed. After all, this is a flyover... so no pedestrians will be walking over it unless they're on very tall stilts ... so what is the point of dropping the limit?
It being a duel carriageway one just feels faintly stupid driving over it at 30. It means I feel I have to move over into the left hand lane to avoid being overtaken. I wondered if there had been a lot of accidents on the flyover but I couldn't find any particular evidence of this. Mind you it's probably sensible to drive over it slower given the volume of random rubbish that falls off the back of lorries and seems to stay suspended up there blocking the carriageways...
But really why?
Is it a Council decision or ...?
Come to that why were a whole load of street lights cut down on the flyover...?
Not that it matters now that there's nowhere to go...
Multi
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Whinge whinge whinge whinge whinge whinge whinge whinge whinge whinge whinge whinge whinge whinge whinge
You'd think the Jewish Chronicle whose articles for no apparent reason wander across my feeds would be just a little bit pleased that a ...
Least ignored nonsense this month...
-
Today I went to HSBC with the intention of paying £100 in cash in. Loadsamoney! Outside the remaining Croydon branch there is an intimidat...
-
Much speculation has been undertaken as to why Starmer has been forced out. Policies no one asked for like the Winter Fuel allowance or scr...
-
I wrote to the Judicial Conduct Investigations Unit about the Palestine Action Proscription ruling and in particular Baroness Carr's lud...
-
"No British PM has completed a term in office since 2015, despite two of those PMs being elected with landslide majorities. The country...
-
Baron Burnham of the North revealed his new policy today - a relaunch of the institution of the Witenagemot. "Before the Norman invasi...
-
I notice in his Exit Interview Keir Starmer says there have only been 3 Labour Majority governments. I count: Attlee 1945 Wilson 1964 (incre...
-
Dear politicians, the whole point of a laser is that it creates a Collimated Beam so please stop using the phrase "Laser Focused" ...
-
It's hard to keep up with all the whoppers promoted on X but I particularly enjoyed this one on that the NHS had a "thriving health...
-
Congratulations Anthony, We're pleased to tell you that you've won a small prize by matching two numbers in the Lotto draw on 01 Ju...
-
I have had a very long talk with this lady in Boots and I have to say that she cannot as she claims advise diagnose & recommend treatm...
No comments:
Post a Comment