Multi
Monday, 27 May 2024
Donuts donuts donuts donuts donuts
When I was a child sometimes I would be sent up the end of the road to the Spa shop for a dognut or an iced bun. Jam donuts were the best. These would be individually wrapped in paper. But you can't get them that way anymore. You can only buy them from Mr Sainsbury's who will only sell them in packs of 5. No one person can plausibly eat 5 jam donuts... not even over several days as they don't keep beyond 48 hours. So I have to put a load in the bin to buy one. It really is the worst of capitalism. There is no variety and things are produced simply to sell more irrespective of whether anyone needs them. What used to be fun is now wasteful, guilt inducing and a bit of a bore...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Category N - the poverty premium for not trading your car in
This week I have mostly been dealing with the fallout of a hit and run accident. It's all on film via dashcam. "Excellent" s...
Least ignored nonsense this month...
-
Re 01/7795902/26 Hello, With regard to Detective Sergeant Cross’s letter of the 17 th of August I have to say that I strongly disagre...
-
Considerable controversy seems to be abroad due to Sasha Baron Cohen relaunching potentially a new Ali G film. I'm not sure what the wo...
-
Today I tried to ring up Boots to try to get them to deliver the perfume that they should have delivered a week ago but find myself talking ...
-
So Dr Arday's sadly predictable suicide... Some thoughts came to me... I think Cambridge was his third Professorship. So asking why Cam...
-
I didn't believe the late Dr Arday could as he claimed have run all those Marathons but then someone pointed out Eddie Izzard did someth...
-
Claire is one stupid woman. Apart from seat belts I could think of many others... But oh how I remember how people used to whinge about s...
-
Yesterday I tried to ring up Boots to try to get them to deliver the perfume that they should have delivered a week ago. Having plucked the ...
-
It's amazing people read "The Catcher in the Rye" and the message they took from it was assassinate John Lennon or Ronald Reag...
-
Croydon Council : You can only complain about misses bin collections within a 48 hour time window. Consult your calendar. Croydon Council b...
-
One of my hobbies is googling Danny John-Jules …for whenever the press find out something about him – such as that he had an argument...

No comments:
Post a Comment