Friday 11 August 2023

Meanwhile at the Dentist...


Went to new dentist.  What a con artist.  I'd just sat down and "Well, I'll have a look and give you an estimate," she says.  

"I just came in for a checkup. How do you know I need any work?"

"That's just what we say"

"No, that's your start negotiating position"  

No pain or cavities and the silly lady is going on about how I might need a crown on my back tooth and she can't tell without X rays.  I said why don't you look at my old X rays first before repeating someone else's work. 

"Okay," she said grudgingly.  

Then she started selling me a hygienist appointment so I said "well, I'll ring you up when I get home because I don't have my shift pattern on me".  

Then when I signed the form at the end she tried to get me to sign for the hygienist before I'd even booked it.  Who's their regulator, Arthur Daley? 

Grrr. Anyway, no fillings needed but what a lot of mental pain before even any physical pain....

I complained to their regulator and got an email saying I had to download a document which I could only download once from a desktop (not a phone or tablet) after which the message would destroy itself Mission Impossible style...

They said basically that nothing can be done until some harm is done... so I guess dodgy high pressure sales techniques are okay then...




No comments:

Post a Comment

I have today resigned my membership of the Garrick Club

To quell public speculation on the subject I wish it to be know that I have today resigned my membership of the Garrick Club.   As a sometim...

Least ignored nonsense this month...