The other day I saw Richard Ayoade standing in front of BBC Television Centre in west London (something to do with the Baftas) ...
Is it just me or does anyone else remember when the BBC told us loudly in 2013 that they were disposing of their entire London property portfolio because due to improvements in technology all TV can now be made in a warehouse in Wales and an office in Salford?
It seems however that although the smaller studios and central ring have been turned into very expensive flats ... no one really knows what to do with Studios TC1 10,250 ft2, TC2 2,400 ft2 and TC3 6,390 ft2 and so the corporation has ended up renting them back from the people they sold them to who don't know what to do with them possibly because they have Grade II listed status.
Funny how the BBC really want this edifice for the prestigious Baftas suddenly when, of course, hardly anyone's allowed to hang out there because of Covid. A shame. The highlight of the Baftas for me was always someone who won slighting everyone else by video phoning their acceptance speech in by satellite. With everyone coming remotely it's surely impossible for people to be snubbed properly...
Multi
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Category N - the poverty premium for not trading your car in
This week I have mostly been dealing with the fallout of a hit and run accident. It's all on film via dashcam. "Excellent" s...
Least ignored nonsense this month...
-
This week I have mostly been dealing with the fallout of a hit and run accident. It's all on film via dashcam. "Excellent" s...
-
Re 01/7795902/26 Hello, With regard to Detective Sergeant Cross’s letter of the 17 th of August I have to say that I strongly disagre...
-
My washing machine has a very high energy rating and naively I thought this somehow related to how much energy it uses. It does and...
-
The other day I decided to watch a bit of Life on Mars on Netflix. Netflix then told me that it was taking it off. So I felt I had t...
-
In other news my ex-English teacher at secondary school has been in the dock again. It seemed before he came to our school he spent a lot...
-
Dear Ms Jones & Mr Newman, Please can someone empty my bins - I cannot contact the Council via the website ...it doesn't work It doe...
-
Dear Mr Miller, Thank you for contacting us and for providing details of your concerns regarding Ms Helen Savage. We have carefully consider...
-
So Dr Arday's sadly predictable suicide... Some thoughts came to me... I think Cambridge was his third Professorship. So asking why Cam...
-
Yesterday I tried to ring up Boots to try to get them to deliver the perfume that they should have delivered a week ago. Having plucked the ...
-
As my mum has reached the point in old age that she finds buying anything new challenging I thought instead of buying a new one I'd just...

No comments:
Post a Comment