Thursday 11 June 2020

The radical liberals...

Listening to right wing people going on about John Wayne movies being possibly banned due to the recent outbreak of iconocasts I pointed out that this would be ironic given John Wayne's attempts to get people banned during the era of the Hollywood blacklist.  Most notable was the debacle over High Noon (see here).

But although he was a cheerleader for the House Un-American Activities Committee  how personally responsible was Wayne for what went on?  I found online this interesting interview with Parkinson in which Michael asks him very politely "what's your problem, mate?"

I post it without any other commentary because I think it speaks for its self...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Does Rudi have some shame...?

For a laugh I regularly change my Facebook profile photo to someone inappropriate.  No one's ever complained about this despite it proba...

Least ignored nonsense this month...