Yesterday there were 136 confirmed cases in Croydon, out of a local population of 385,346. That statistic doesn't really tell you much on it's own as to how well we're fighting Coronavirus as a nation though so I thought I'd do a bit of statistical analysis.
I looked at the raw statistics of the number of confirmed cornonavirus deaths per country and divided it by the number of confirmed cornonavirus cases per country.
I then removed all countries with less than 1000 cases on the basis that that probably isn't a large enough mean sample size to give reliable data from.
I then removed Countries from the stats that did not have reliable recovery data or who had a recovery number of less than 100 on the basis that it doesn't look like the virus is fully established there yet and there hasn't been a long enough throughput of cases from infection to full recovery to give a reasonable estimate of the likelihood of recovery in those countries.
After that I got this graph...
....so Italy has the highest death rate and at the moment we're in 5th place behind France, Spain and Iran. Now it may be some countries are better at recording their data than we are but all in all it's a bit poor, isn't it? I'm not sure what these stats truly signify I just did them as a back-of-the-envelope calculation out of curiosity. But what do you think? Because I think we should all move to South Korea. If you want to play at making your own graphs the raw data is here.
Late update...
There are 181 confirmed cases in Croydon, out of a local population of 385,346
For an updated version of these stats - see here
Multi
Thursday, 26 March 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Category N - the poverty premium for not trading your car in
This week I have mostly been dealing with the fallout of a hit and run accident. It's all on film via dashcam. "Excellent" s...
Least ignored nonsense this month...
-
Re 01/7795902/26 Hello, With regard to Detective Sergeant Cross’s letter of the 17 th of August I have to say that I strongly disagre...
-
This week I have mostly been dealing with the fallout of a hit and run accident. It's all on film via dashcam. "Excellent" s...
-
Considerable controversy seems to be abroad due to Sasha Baron Cohen relaunching potentially a new Ali G film. I'm not sure what the wo...
-
So Dr Arday's sadly predictable suicide... Some thoughts came to me... I think Cambridge was his third Professorship. So asking why Cam...
-
With the exception of perhaps Oscar Wilde not many great artists can also pull off being great critics. I am a terrible writer with...
-
Dear Ms Jones & Mr Newman, Please can someone empty my bins - I cannot contact the Council via the website ...it doesn't work It doe...
-
Dear Mr Miller, Thank you for contacting us and for providing details of your concerns regarding Ms Helen Savage. We have carefully consider...
-
Yesterday I tried to ring up Boots to try to get them to deliver the perfume that they should have delivered a week ago. Having plucked the ...
-
In other news my ex-English teacher at secondary school has been in the dock again. It seemed before he came to our school he spent a lot...
-
One of my hobbies is googling Danny John-Jules …for whenever the press find out something about him – such as that he had an argument...

No comments:
Post a Comment