Sunday 7 April 2024

Doctor Who Dies Another Day...

Today I have been cogitating on the similarities between the James Bond film Die Another Day and the Doctor Who story Enemy of the World.  On the one hand Enemy of the World is clearly a rip-off/homage to James Bond.  Both have plots driven by a Suncatcher device (in Die Another Day called “Icarus”).  Both involve hovercraft.  Both involve multiple identities Dr Who/Salamander and Graves/Moon.  Both involve the main villain dying after being ejected from a vehicle – the Tardis/a plane.  Maybe these similarities don’t all mean something – I won’t argue about that – but look at the number of them.  


In other crossover news I noticed the other day that Doctor Who turns up in the 1st episode of Chelmsford 123 – and then promptly goes away again… 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I have today resigned my membership of the Garrick Club

To quell public speculation on the subject I wish it to be know that I have today resigned my membership of the Garrick Club.   As a sometim...

Least ignored nonsense this month...