Sunday 31 March 2024

War is a coming...

Over on BBC iPlayer Ms Dooley is sent to watch the British Army train the Ukrainian conscript army to become fresh cannon fodder in their hopelessly undermanned war.  Possibly the most depressing section is where the recruits recall being asked if they are prepared to die for their country and unanimously saying "Yes".  I'd be saying "I'm not sure.  It sounds a bit inconvenient."

Meanwhile Donald Tusk of Poland is blowing very hard over the media that he's sure WWIII is coming probably quite soon.  Where did it all go wrong?  And where will it ever end?  I'm sure they're getting us ready for conscription...

Most of the poor souls going to fight in WWI style trenches and practicing sleeping in puddles think they have to go as if Putin takes over he'll simply exterminate everyone.  Perhaps but it all seems very hopeless... How many young men can they find?  One thing hasn't changed.  The front line troops are still mostly men.  Perhaps that's why they decided this documentary should be fronted by a pregnant lady...?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have today resigned my membership of the Garrick Club

To quell public speculation on the subject I wish it to be know that I have today resigned my membership of the Garrick Club.   As a sometim...

Least ignored nonsense this month...