Tuesday 12 January 2021

You learn something new every day...

 

They say you learn something new every day.  What they dont tell you is that what you learn may be completely useless information.  
Today I have been watching the 1987 BBC adaptation of Vanity Fair produced by Terrance Dicks and I discovered that David Swift (who plays bitter old has-been Mr Sedley) who also played bitter old has-been Henry Davenport in Drop the Dead Donkey (and died in 2016) was the brother of Clive Swift who played Mr Bucket in Keeping up Appearances (and died in 2019).   
 
Looking through the cast list for other people who are no longer with us like a character in an Alan Ayckbourn play I also noticed that James Saxon who played Joseph Sedley had died of a heart attack in 2003 at only 49. 

Oh well, Eve Matheson and Rebecca Saire are still with us.   Interesting piece of colourblind casting to have a very young Vicky Licorish (now a TV producer) as Mrs Pinkerton's wealthiest young lady.  Hadn't even noticed at the time.  
No, I haven't turned into Toby Hadoke - the NHS app told me that I've got to stay at home for 10 days so I'm watching this DVD that Ava Alexis got me for Christmas a bit earlier than I'd planned as a result...  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon Fire Stick is doing important security things so don't press any buttons that might turn your TV on...

  Once upon a time I purchased an HG Smart TV but despite the artificial intelligence revolution and its claims be Mensa level clever it doe...

Least ignored nonsense this month...