Anthony, we’ve never seen anything like this. In the days since Caroline Flack’s tragic death, more than three quarters of a million people have signed a petition calling for a new law to stop the British press bullying and harassing people.
Will you add your name before we hand it in to the Minister next week?
The cornucopia of simple answers doing the rounds has made me wonder if it wasn't all a confluence of highly unusual circumstances.
An ordinary person in Ms Flack's position may well have managed to conceal the whole incident from her employers till after the trial ...thereby staying in employment.
Even if her employers had been very understanding of her predicament it clearly wouldn't have been possible for her to leave the country to film in such circumstances ... so she was left alone at home with no income and nothing but social media to ponder...?
In the meantime we have all been invoked to "Be Kind" and who can complain about being asked to be kind...? Except for Miss Havesham...
Oh well I guess soon then we will have "Caroline's Law". I remember when people used to have ships, buildings and streets named after them. These days it seems to be laws ... Your life went wrong? We need a new law in your name then... Perhaps a good thing but surely there are other ways to regulate the world than just changing the law? Or invoking people to be kind? Responses/solutions which while not mutually exclusive ...would seen to be at opposite ends of the spectrum...?
Multi
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Whinge whinge whinge whinge whinge whinge whinge whinge whinge whinge whinge whinge whinge whinge whinge
You'd think the Jewish Chronicle whose articles for no apparent reason wander across my feeds would be just a little bit pleased that a ...
Least ignored nonsense this month...
-
Today I went to HSBC with the intention of paying £100 in cash in. Loadsamoney! Outside the remaining Croydon branch there is an intimidat...
-
I wrote to the Judicial Conduct Investigations Unit about the Palestine Action Proscription ruling and in particular Baroness Carr's lud...
-
"No British PM has completed a term in office since 2015, despite two of those PMs being elected with landslide majorities. The country...
-
Much speculation has been undertaken as to why Starmer has been forced out. Policies no one asked for like the Winter Fuel allowance or scr...
-
Baron Burnham of the North revealed his new policy today - a relaunch of the institution of the Witenagemot. "Before the Norman invasi...
-
I notice in his Exit Interview Keir Starmer says there have only been 3 Labour Majority governments. I count: Attlee 1945 Wilson 1964 (incre...
-
Dear politicians, the whole point of a laser is that it creates a Collimated Beam so please stop using the phrase "Laser Focused" ...
-
It's hard to keep up with all the whoppers promoted on X but I particularly enjoyed this one on that the NHS had a "thriving health...
-
Congratulations Anthony, We're pleased to tell you that you've won a small prize by matching two numbers in the Lotto draw on 01 Ju...
-
I have had a very long talk with this lady in Boots and I have to say that she cannot as she claims advise diagnose & recommend treatm...

No comments:
Post a Comment