Sunday 31 March 2019

More Petrol Station Glamour and Shell's Drivers Club Closure

A while ago I wrote an article about petrol station glamour (which for reasons I don't understand is the most read page on this site) and included a swipe or two at Shell's loyalty card scheme under which I have now amassed only 442 points...


...over what must be at least 5 years despite driving nearly 6000 miles a year.  Clearly disturbed to learn that at any day I might reach the 500 points needed to qualify for a £2.50 fuel voucher Shell have immediately abandoned the scheme ... but tell me not to worry...


... because existing points will be converted to vouchers until August 2019.  This means I have to fill up 4 times - nearly a full tank each time to finally get myself over the the coveted 500 point threshold.  However, I calculate that given their fuel is up to 10 per cent more expensive than at grubbier looking fuel stations getting this prized voucher would acually cost me about £8.  Therefore the voucher is in fact a potential debt of £5.50 and ... I think I'll give that a miss thanks...

 
Interestingly I also learn from my Shell Drivers Club statement that every time the attendent scans my card after I purchase a piece of confectionary the process has been completely pointless as if it's not petrol one is awarded...



...nil points.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon Fire Stick is doing important security things so don't press any buttons that might turn your TV on...

  Once upon a time I purchased an HG Smart TV but despite the artificial intelligence revolution and its claims be Mensa level clever it doe...

Least ignored nonsense this month...