Friday 29 January 2021

I have nothing to say on low traffic neighbourhoods....

 

I feel that I should mention that I am aware of Low Traffic Neighbourhoods but that is all I have to say on this hot button issue as according to Inside Croydon anyone who has the teeniest weeniest objection to the concept is some kind of kipper or other far right nut job who is totally selfish and destroys the planet.

Tales of cars pushing planters, criminal damage to cameras and other stories have reached my ears but I have nothing to say on them.  Grant Shapps has decided to spend £175million of emergency money from Covid-19 to stop the planet boiling its self to death and has given the spending of it to local authorities who are arguing about how to implement the schemes to the advantage/disadvantage of each other with predictable results.  Stopping people driving by making their journeys longer and parking harder... what's the worst that could happen? Well,...

They tried humps and people brought 4x4s to skim over them, they tried Congestion Charges, ULEZ zones, 20 zones ...it was surely only a matter of time before someone reached the inevitable conclusion that the simplest way to get cars off roads is actually to block them off to cars.

However, it's all going pear shaped down the High Court until they change the law again (see here).

Oh well.... no one can go anywhere anyway...

Thing is whatever you say on this issue upsets someone ...












...no idea why I'm blocked by the ABD ...was it something I thought?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon Fire Stick is doing important security things so don't press any buttons that might turn your TV on...

  Once upon a time I purchased an HG Smart TV but despite the artificial intelligence revolution and its claims be Mensa level clever it doe...

Least ignored nonsense this month...